Fort Lauderdale DUI Attorney
Kenneth Padowitz has been the sole lead Attorney on over 30 DUI Manslaughter cases and has tried by Jury approximately 15 such cases. He has lectured extensively on legal matters which include DUI manslaughter and DUI.
- Florida Prosecuting Attorneys Association, Faculty Instructor, D.U.I./Vehicular Manslaughter Seminar, Tampa, 1993
- Institute of Police Technology and Management, Faculty Instructor, D.U.I. Manslaughter Prosecution, University of North Florida, Jacksonville, 1991
- Florida Prosecuting Attorneys Association, Faculty Instructor, D.U.I. Trial Advocacy School, Miami, 1991,1992, 1993,1994,1995,1996,1997,1998,1999,2000,2001
What is DUI Manslaughter?
DUI Manslaughter is defined in Section 316.193 of the Florida Statutes as:
(a) Who is in violation of subsection (1) [driving under the influence];
(b) Who operates a vehicle; and
(c) Who, by reason of such operation, causes or contributes to causing:
3. The death of any human being commits DUI manslaughter
What are the Possible Penalties for DUI Manslaughter?
DUI Manslaughter carries harsh penalties if convicted:
- DUI/Manslaughter: Second Degree Felony (not more than $10,000 fine and/or 15 years imprisonment).
- DUI Manslaughter/Leaving the Scene: A driver convicted of DUI Manslaughter who knew/should have known accident occurred; and failed to give information or render aid is guilty of a First Degree Felony (not more than $10,000 fine and/or 30 years imprisonment).
- Vehicular Homicide: Second Degree Felony (not more than $10,000 fine and/or 15 years imprisonment).
- Vehicular Homicide/Leaving the Scene: A driver convicted of vehicular homicide who left the scene of an accident is guilty of a First Degree Felony (nor more than $10,000 fine and/or 30 years imprisonment).
Fort Lauderdale’s Leading DUI Attorney
Broward Criminal Lawyer
If you have a prior criminal record for DUI convictions, failed to seek medical attention for the victim even though you had reason to take such measures, or your blood alcohol content (BAC) was well above the legal limit, then you may face increased penalties including severe prison time. DUI manslaughter is a serious offense that is prosecuted seriously by the State. If you are facing DUI manslaughter charges, then you should take these allegations seriously and retain an experienced DUI attorney to protect your rights. Fort Lauderdale criminal defense attorney Kenneth Padowitz provides aggressive, strategic representation for clients facing DUI manslaughter charges and other DUI offenses in Broward and Miami, including: Under 21 DUI, Felony DUI, Commercial DUI, DUI with injury, DUI manslaughter, and BUI. Contact our law firm to speak with our attorney.
Fort Lauderdale Attorney Kenneth Padowitz Provides a Sophisticated DUI Defense